The Hull and East Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership (HEY LEP) is keen to promote and encourage active engagement in exporting opportunities among SMEs across the region.
The Internationalisation Fund offers (up to 60% match-funded) grants of between £1,000 and £9,000. So, a company investing £15,000 could potentially receive a grant of £9,000.
Eligible activities include:
- Market research/market selection and entry advice
- IP advice
- International trade legal advice
- Translation and cultural advice/services
- Trade fairs/independent marketing visits
- Website upgrades driven by international aims
- Develop e-commerce capability
- Internationalisation of web presence
- International social media strategies/SEO
- International PR support
- Consultancy and other international commercial services
Who can receive funding?
SMEs in Hull and East Yorkshire with the following characteristics:
- £500k+ sales/turnover
- International high growth potential with prospects of employment growth or productivity improvement
- A product or service suitable for international trade, or which could be developed for international trade
How to apply
- Applications to be submitted via a simple online process – eligibility questions followed by application
- One application per SME
- Award decisions in under five working days
Claims are submitted to the fund administrator via a web portal, with one claim per SME – submitted once all eligible expenditure incurred and evidenced. Guidance and support are available throughout the process and payments made in under 30 days.
Ciaran Savage, director at Grimsby-based Card Industry Professionals, said: “The funding is allowing us to successfully launch in a new market by financially supporting us while we establish a presence there.
“The funding will be used to internationalise our website and support recruitment and training of a team within Ireland. It will also enable us to produce the necessary marketing materials and brochures to be distributed within the market when we launch.”
For details on how to apply for an Internationalisation Fund grant or for more information on how you can begin your export journey, visit heygrowthhub.com/exporting or contact Andrew Finch, export partnerships manager at email@example.com or 07597 001840.