The Hull and East Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership (HEY LEP) has said it is keen to encourage small and micro-businesses across the region to engage in export.
The HEY LEP works closely with key export delivery partners, such as the Department for International Trade (DIT) to guide companies towards appropriate advice, support and funding.
The GREAT.gov.uk trade portal acts as a one-stop destination for trade and investment, bringing together and connecting UK businesses, international buyers and investors. Whether new, occasional or frequent exporters, businesses can take advantage of a suite of tools and exclusive deals on fees or commissions with some of world’s leading online marketplaces.
The trade portal allows businesses to:
- Search for export opportunities within a specific industry and specific country
- Create a business profile which is viewable to overseas buyers
- Create an export plan
- Choose a route to market
- Get export finance
- Manage payment for export orders
- Prepare to do business abroad
- Prepare for export procedures and logistics
- Sell online overseas – joining marketplaces around the world
- High export potential sectors for UK businesses include agri-tech, advanced manufacturing, food and drink, offshore wind and renewables, pharmaceuticals, professional services and tech.
Andrew Finch, export partnerships manager at HEY LEP, said: “Small and micro-businesses very often start their export journey with small steps. Through our collaboration with key export delivery partners, the HEY LEP is keen to encourage SMEs to take full advantage of the support that is available to them both across the region and nationally.
“The DIT trade portal is one such tool which can help companies develop their export profile.”